Best Brunch Places in Seoul
Seoul’s up-and-coming brunch scene offers a variety of cafe/restaurants to choose from in many of the trendiest areas of the city. Some of the places are off the beaten path, so it’s helpful to have your NAVER or KakaoMaps app handy.
1. Grain – Mapo-gu, Seoul
Located in the quaint neighborhood of Yeonnam-dong, Grain is a very popular brunch place amongst the foreigner community. During the weekend opening hours, there’s usually a wait, but the food makes it worth it. Grain’s menu contains open-faced sandwiches, fluffy pancakes, and even a “build your own brunch” option for those who want to try a little bit of everything (basically “brunch tapas.”) The food is Nordic-inspired, and the quality is superb.
Grain’s opening hours are 9AM to 7PM, with the last order at 5PM. Days off are Tuesday and Wednesday. They do not take reservations.
- Instagram: @grain_seoul
- Location: GRAIN 23, Donggyo-ro 46-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Korea
2. The Flying Pan Blue – Yongsan-gu, Seoul
The Flying Pan Blue is one of the older brunch spots in Seoul. The restaurant is located just off Itaewon’s main street and it’s easy to overlook if you’re not paying attention. Even though the place is located in the basement, the atmosphere is anything but dreary. Expect good quality food with big portions, such as salmon or ham eggs benedict or a farmer’s open omelette.
- The Flying Pan Blue is open Monday through Sunday, 9AM to 9PM.
- Location: 123-7 Itaewon-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea
3. Sunday Arvo – Yongsan-gu, Seoul
Although small with few seats, Sunday Arvo is worth a wait if you’re looking for an Australian-style brunch. The place is located in a quaint neighborhood area of Gyeongridan, and it’s a bit of a hike to get to it. There are few options on the menu, but each dish is well-crafted and good quality that will satisfy your brunch cravings. The eggs in hell and the rucola salmon sandwich are some good recommendations.
- The opening hours for Sunday Arvo are Monday through Friday, 10Am to 6PM and Saturday-Sunday, 9AM to 7PM.
- Instagram: @sundayarvo_seoul
- Location: 52-43 Hoenamu-ro, 13-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea
4. Flapjack Pantry – Mapo-gu, Seoul
Flapjack Pantry is known for having gigantic portions of food that will leave anyone satisfied. The place serves all-day brunch, so you can go later in the day and still enjoy the full potential of the menu. The plates average around 15,000₩ and they come with a free drink as well. Located deep in Yeonnam-dong, it’s a bit of a walk but there are neighborhood buses from Hongdae station that can get you to the restaurant in a short amount of time.
- Flapjack Pantry is open Tuesday through Sunday, 10AM to 8PM, and closed Mondays.
- Website: Flapjack Pantry
- Location: 109 Seongmisan-ro, Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul
Stay tuned for more posts: